Your college application essay is your ticket to college. So don’t lose the chance of showing what makes you different from other applicants. There are thousands of applications submitted to admission officers each year, so don’t write something as other applicants would and try to make your application stand out. So below are some common application essay questions.
Sample Application Essay Questions
1. Academic Plans
- How will your area of specialization contribute to your long-term career plan?
- Explain the significance of your major to the society 10 years from now.
2. Social Issues
- If you’re given the chance to change the curriculum of your school, what changes will you make?
- Cite a controversial issue on college campuses and propose a solution.
3. Personal Success
- How did you express your leadership both in and out of school?
- Describe your personal success and how it relates to your chosen field.
4. Background Information
- How has your family upbringing affected your views in life?
- Pick a past experience in your life and explain how that particular incident has changed you.
5. Future Goals
- Where will college education bring you 10 years from now?
- Describe your long-term perspectives for your long-term goals.
6. Financial Needs
- From your financial standpoint, what will be the impact of this scholarship on your education?
- Mention family or personal circumstances that have affected your financial status.
7. Random Questions
- Who is the person you admired the most and why?
- What book has influenced you deeply?
8. Other Related Questions
- Describe a significant incident that has changed your viewpoints in life.
- How does high school change you intellectually and personally?
- What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
- Why have you chosen this college?
- If given the chance to meet a famous person, who would it be and why?
- What movie has greatly affected you?
- What particular music has inspired you and why?
9. Strange Questions
- Are we alone?
- How do you feel about Friday?
- How would your room describe you?
- Who would be your biggest fan?
- What would be your greatest problem?
Common application essay questions can be nerve-wrecking. But some universities try to reduce the tension by raising odd questions. While most of the questions are unpredictable, knowing some of the commonly asked questions will help you win your application. So start brainstorming and begin writing down your thoughts as early as you can. Don’t let an application essay deter you from getting the quality education you deserve.
Author Bio: Rachel who is working at EssayTask.com can help you with writing an application essay. EssayTask.com provides quality writing services as well as examples of essays written by other students.